Friday 10 August 2012

Well. What a day! Got stuck into the sprayfoam. Here's my early morning selection of "instruments".
I very soon found that these 3....were the best for the job.
The cheese knife has been wonderful. Sharp. Spiky. Cuts through harder bits with ease. The scraper cleared up behind the cheese knife, and the breadknife did a good job of getting behind strips of foam and "pinging" it off. After a few hours...I had cut back most of it......but still a bit to do on the roof tomorrow...which I figure I'll do as we put on each ceiling board.
This afternoon the wood delivery arrived, but he only delivered to the marina gates, and I had to put 11 x 18mm ply, 20x9mm ply, and 12x6mm ply...on a small trolley ..and wheeel it to the boat. Took ages...and my body is dead. Had to get wife to help me load the whole lot into the boat through the stern doors...but eventually all done....ready for tomorrow. Planning on putting in some lower battoning..and screwing the bottom ply in place on both side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK Waterways Ranking