Sunday 12 August 2012

Day 3: Started installing the ceiling boards today. Big job cutting more sprayfoam away. Had to screw small support strips of wood onto the side of each board, so where each board meets, they can be secured properly from behind...invisibly...keeping the seam quite neat. I had the help of my teenager, who has longer arms than me, and held each board up, while I frantically screwed it into place.....along each edge...(side edges) as well as where it met the previous board (across the boat). It all looks decent enough, and I'll eventually screw some beading to hide any joins that werent perfect. I drilled all the holes for downlights before installing the ceiling boards, but as the downlighters havent arrived from Ebay yet, I thread string through all the holes, so I can pull the 12V cabling through later...all connected in a central duct...running down the boat in the middle of the ceiling....pics will come later....unfortunately the teen is off to a youth camp for a week, and he's taking our camera with him...thus no pics unless I can get my netbook to use the webcam tomorrow :) I think it's been a good 3 days..Sprayfoam cut back. Bottom side ply is in. Ceilings done. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do all the cutouts for windows etc, and install the side top ply. That will really mean the interior bulkheads can start going in...plus kitchen cupboards.... Nothing like having a deadline of 2weeks to get it all done...before the family take up residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK Waterways Ranking