Tuesday 5 June 2012

Holes to cut in the boat?

Without having given this any thought yet, (I'm only thinking about it now) , it seems to me I'm going to be cutting a number of holes in the roof of my new boat. I have never used a holesaw bigger than a 3 inches before, so cutting huge holes for flues, is going to be terrifying, although relatively simple I would think. I need one for the wood/coal stove flue. Another for the gas heater flue. Do I need one for the bathroom extractor fan? We are thinking of compacting the shower/toilet into a small area, and block off the porthole. This would mean an extractor fan is a good idea. Manual switch operation.

I need to cut a hole for the shower outlet, another for the sink drainage. One for the bathroom basin. A hole (internal) for the water pipe from the water tank. Another for the gas supply. Another to bring the elec wiring from the batteries into the living areas.

I've asked the wonderful people at CanalWorld.net for their help on this..which you can follow here

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK Waterways Ranking